an unknown / legendary cannabis strain
Here you can find all info about the unknown / legendary cannabis variety Matanuska Thunderfuck. If you are searching for information about the unknown / legendary Matanuska Thunderfuck, check out our Basic Infos, Lineage / Genealogy or Hybrids / Crossbreeds for this cannabis variety here at this page and follow the links to get even more information – or list all Matanuska Thunderfuck Strains (±6) to find a different version. If you have any personal experiences with growing or consuming this cannabis variety, please use the upload links to add them to the database!
Basic Strain Info
Matanuska Thunderfuck is an indica variety from unknown origin and can be cultivated indoors, outdoors and in the greenhouse. .
What do we know about the unknown/legendary Matanuska Thunderfuck?
Matanuska Thunder Fuck refers to any good cannabis coming out of the Matanuska Valley in Alaska since the early 70s. If you research the history of Palmer, you will find that it was/is a government agriculture experimental station. The original families who moved here for this experiment had children in Palmer around the 40’s & 50’s that were influenced by the hippie movement and the influx of their kind to the Matanuska-Susitna Valley around the beginning of the 70’s. With the knowledge those children gained, while working with their parents on their family farms growing up, and from the projects they were involved in at the experimental station as college students, and from a few new found hippy friends from the west coast of the US, they began flower-forcing by blacking out greenhouses during the summer. None made clones. They did remove males, and they knew how to prepare the cannabis for market. So with that, people in Alaska started to see some green bud as opposed to imported bud, and it was all coming out of the valley.
By the 80’s, only a few of those people remained. Some were busted. Others moved on. Those that remained began taking clones and growing indoors. One of those men, Larry, met my father and taught him the techniques that some still use to this day here in the valley. Unfortunately, both Larry and my father are dead and the valley is full of greedy people, so the story of a strain named MTF just isn’t true. Most people who say that they have smoked it give inconsistent descriptions for flavor and effect. Most of the cannabis in the valley is grown from seeds bought from mainstream seed banks/breeders.
Matanuska Thunder Fuck Myths:
To start, I have more than 20 years of experience with cannabis, beginning with guidance from my father. I feel sure that there are few people who know as much about MTF as I do. My family has lived in the Matanuska Valley/Palmer since 1940, well before Alaska was even a state.
* There is/was a strain named MTF/Matanuska Thunder Fuck- Any PREMIUM cannabis from the valley is called MTF.
***Untrue there is nothing that taste, smells or blows you away like MTF. As of 10+ years ago main growers on the inner and outer springer loop left the area to grow harvest up north and then little if any was found at the Alaska State Fair since. How do I know this?? In the late 70’s I was introduced to the main growers due to my brother when to school with them all.*****
* Cannabis finishes flowering outdoors in the valley- Unless cannabis is auto-flowering it will grow large because of the long, bright days during summer, but it will never reach maturity before the cold and rain kill it. Light deprivation is the way to go.
* This so-called strain named MTF needs a frost before harvest to yield maximum resin- Most cannabis is severely damaged if it does survive a frost. NOT RECOMMENDED!
* This so-called strain named MTF is native to Alaska- NO cannabis is native to Alaska, or even the Americas. Try the Asian continent.
* There are only mainstream strains in Alaska- If you know someone who’s been growing in the valley since cloning caught on in the early 80’s, you could possibly come across some of the old school clones, but I’d say it’s improbable. Most don’t even know where the clones that they get originated from. Of people making seeds, few really understand the science behind it, and the seed stock really doesn’t compare to anything available on the world market. Although the work of quite a few commercial breeders is nothing to write home about, the few who do possess the knowledge won’t reveal themselves or their methods for fear of loosing decades of hard work. And yes, they do possess genetic stock outside the world seed market. They’re still hoping things will change and one day they will step up.
* Cannabis is now only allowed for registered patients in Alaska- You can legally posses up to 28.35 grams in the PRIVACY of your home. Growing up to 24 plants is a misdemeanor. Although, according to one attorney he personally keeps up to four ounces (113.4 grams). Privacy, meaning no one can see it from a window or doorway outside your house.
* Law enforcement in the valley can get warrants based on odors or abnormally high electric bills- They must be able to show probable cause that you are selling/distributing, cultivating(cannabis), or that you possess more than is allowed for personal use.
I think the lesson to take away from this is, what is being done in places like Amsterdam, Spain, UK, California, and Canada can be done anywhere on this planet. It has been done on ships in international waters, a shopping mall in Florida, even Antarctica. So, wherever you’re at, you can grow MTF quality cannabis. Just remember, the more you educate yourself on the subject, ie., lab work, experiment, and cultivate, the more likely you will grow true THUNDER FUCK!
Disclaimer: In no way is this to be construed to be an advocation to break the law. I am not a lawyer, and in no way should you consider this legal advice. This is my view and I encourage you to discover truth for yourself.
Addition (from a medical grower/researcher (Ph.D.)): A medical clone called “Matanuska Valley Thunder Fuck” (or MVTF) ended up in Oregon. It is said to be a cross between “golf bud” and the “original” Matanuska Thunderfuck, both created in Alaska. The flavor is a pungent orange-citrus and is unmistakable–the aroma, once burnt, will fill a room. The clone also went by the name “Tange” (short for Tangerine). It is a prolific producer of high quality flowers and is the earliest flowering outdoor plant I have ever grown.
It begins flowering by July 5th at 45 degrees N and finishes the first weeks of September. One of the single-best medical clones to grow outdoors–period. This particular clone is now available in several California dispensaries as well.
The Matanuska Valley is well known for its exceptional ability to grow vegetables. MTF is not so much a strain. It refers to virtually any marijuana grown in the Matanuska Valley. The Matanuska valley is a location that has an optimal growing season and extremely fertile soil. Consequently, seeds bought from the mainstream seed banks/breeders tend to grow to their optimal potential in the valley. Most old timers, like my old boss who lived there, grew and kept most of their yield for family and friends. The winter is long up here. I am always skeptical when I hear people talking about actually having some “MTF” in the lower 48.
Matanuska Thunderfuck an unknown / legendary cannabis strain Here you can find all info about the unknown / legendary cannabis variety Matanuska Thunderfuck . If you are searching for
breed by Sagarmatha Seeds
Here you can find all info about Matanuska Tundra from Sagarmatha Seeds. If you are searching for information about Matanuska Tundra from Sagarmatha Seeds, check out our Basic Infos, Gallery, Degustation, Strain Reviews, Shop-Finder and Price Comparison, Lineage / Genealogy, Hybrids / Crossbreeds, User Comments or Threads for this cannabis variety here at this page and follow the links to get even more information – or list all Matanuska Tundra Strains (±4) to find a different version. If you have any personal experiences with growing or consuming this cannabis variety, please use the upload links to add them to the database!
Basic / Breeders Info
Matanuska Tundra is an indica variety from Sagarmatha and can be cultivated indoors (where the plants will need a flowering time of ±65 days ) and outdoors . Sagarmathas Matanuska Tundra is a THC dominant variety and is/was also available as feminized seeds.
Sagarmathas Matanuska Tundra Description
Cannabis-seed for indoor and outdoor cultivation.
This variety brings back that majestic legendary marijuana from the great Alaskan Northland. Highly recommended by the best fishing and hiking guides in the Matanuska Valley. The buds are huge and rock-hard as Denali “Mt. McKinley” herself. Intense flavor, chocolate aroma and potency have combined to form the most dense variety we have had the pleasure of producing thus far.
A glacier of THC crystals frosts her colas and she packs more power than an icepack polar bear. Medical patients have mentioned that she is very beneficial for persons with pain ailments. The “creeper” quality of the smoke comes on slow and smooth, like a hike up a majestic mountain peak.
Enjoy the view, with a smile on your face and a gleam in your bloodshot eyes. Persons prone to altitude sickness should use caution.
* Type: Indica, indoor and outdoor
* Vegetate until: 4 – 7 internodes
* Flowering time: 60-70 days
* Average height: 0.5 – 0.75 meter
* Yield: 350 – 375 grams / m² (dried, indoor)
* High: powerfully sedative.
* Smell: rich chocolate flavor
Where to buy Matanuska Tundra cannabis seeds?
Matanuska Tundra from Sagarmatha Seeds is available as regular and feminized seeds. In 5 seedbanks, we found 19 offers between EUR 14.59 for 1 feminized seed and EUR 536.07 for 40 feminized seeds. If you are looking to buy Matanuska Tundra Cannabis Seeds from Sagarmatha Seeds somewhere – have a look to our Matanuska Tundra Price Comparison page with all current offers from all the connected seedbanks and shops – or visit one of the following tested, trustworthy and recommended seed-shops directly to check out their current Matanuska Tundra offers: Oaseeds, Herbies Head Shop, Cannapot Hanfshop, PEV Seeds Bank and Original Seeds Store.
Matanuska Tundra Reviews
We’ve collected strain info from 3 growers for Matanuska Tundra, check out the reviews about the indoor and outdoor grow here.
Matanuska Tundra breed by Sagarmatha Seeds Here you can find all info about Matanuska Tundra from Sagarmatha Seeds . If you are searching for information about Matanuska Tundra from