For other uses, see Seedling (disambiguation).
|Tobe’s Hookshot Escape||←||Seedling||→||Puzzle Farter|
|Featured:||September 10, 2012|
|Data saved:||In-game progress|
|Development time:||6 months |
|Programming and Graphics
Roger “Rekcahdam” Hicks
Connor Ullmann, Joe Biglin, Lisa Miller, Dan Tsukasa
Seedling (original title Shrum  ) is an exploration adventure game created by Connor Ullmann. It was featured on Pixel Love the Monday of September 10, 2012. The game follows the adventures of a young seedling boy who is born as a seed from the wind. He seeks the Oracle, who gives the boy the quest of bringing a seed to replace his dying Tree.
- 1 Controls
- 1.1 In-game
- 1.2 External
- 2 Levels
- 3 Powerups
- 4 Bosses
- 5 Previews
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- Arrow keys – Move
- X key – Interact with characters
- X or C – use weapon
- V or I key – Open inventory
- Esc key – Go back to the game’s menu
- R key – Restart the game
- M key – Mute
- W key – View the game’s soundtrack
Levels are designated by checkpoints within a general location, which are saved when the seedling enters a certain area or defeats a boss. Some areas, when entered, are given names, marking them as the individual stages or levels of Seedling.
Different powerups can be found in certain areas that allow the seedling to explore more areas and help him complete his quest.
- Sword – The sword allows the seedling to attack enemies and bosses.
- Dark sword – Deals more damage.
- Ghost Sword – Swings like the sword, but can go through walls and is more powerful.
- Shield – Protects the seedling when moving.
- Light – Creates an aura of light around the seedling, making it easier to see in dimly lit areas.
- Fire – Repels but does not kill an enemy.
- Wand – Attacks weakly at enemies, but has a far range.
- Conch – Allows the seedling to swim in water.
- Penguin’s Feather – Enables the seedling to swim up waterfalls.
- Ghost Spear – Attacks through walls with much more power than the sword.
- Dark Shield – Damages enemies on contact.
- Dark Suit – Damages enemies on contact, and enables the seedling to swim in lava.
- Fire Wand – Able to use both wand and fire power.
- Shieldspire – It remains stationary and leaves an opening when the seedling stands directly in front of it.
- Times – Creatures of the Relic, made up of three parts. Swords circle around each as they move swiftly to attack the seedling. When all three are killed, they leave behind Fire.
- Totem of Lacste – Shoots targets at the seedling, signaled by a beam of light.
- Tentacled Beast – A large octopus-like creature in the water, the player must cut down all its tentacles while avoiding the whirlpools it creates.
- Lights – Activated by hitting a pillar, the lights circle the seedling.
- King of Fire – In a pit of lava, he fires two bats, then fireballs forming a semi-circle shape. The more he is hit, the faster the attacks.
- Owl – Activates rocks that descend quickly towards the seedling. It then travels in a counter-clockwise direction, dropping bombs.
A video preview of Seedling was released while the game was seeking sponsorship.
For other uses, see Seedling (disambiguation). Seedling (original title Shrum1) is an exploration adventure game created by Connor Ullmann. It was featured on Pixel Love the Monday of September 10, 2012. The game follows the adventures of a young seedling boy who is born as a seed from the wind…
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Seedling Game Review & Walkthrough Guide
Play Online: Seedling
Developer: Conner Ullman
Genre: Adventure, Action
Seedling. The wind itself breathes life into a small boy who is destined to be special. Appearing in front of a house and knowing that this house holds his answers. What follows is an adventure to seek for self-discovery as you soon discover you were created with purpose.
Seedling is a 2D action-adventure game that will trigger some serious nostalgia if you remember playing the original Legend of Zelda. It is a role-playing game (RPG), as you will start off exploring an unfamiliar world and quickly gain access to a sword and shield, as well as various other treasures and keys. With what you need, you will quickly venture into various caves and dungeons, slaying huge bosses. The developer has done a great job in fabricating a wonderful and surprisingly deep story. This game is deeper than I thought. The pixel artwork and music were perfect. I noticed that there were actually fifteen different tracks for this game, which is must to highlight, especially considering that most Flash games only stick to one or two.
If you’ve been a gamer since the classic NES or even just an original Gameboy era, the gameplay for you will be a phenomenal one. You will know how it feels like, playing those old school NES games. Simple game mechanics as you will expect from an older game. For the most part, the game wasn’t too difficult but challenging enough to complete the entire quest. The enemies were easy to kill and most of them could only take two to three hits. Most of the bosses were fun to fight and continued to be challenging even after figuring out how to beat them. Perhaps the hardest part is finding your way around. It can be quite frustrating at the same time curious, as it takes a while to find the next dungeon.
I have finished the game in 3 hours and had lots fun, although I was quite worried that I would not get all 16 pieces. Luckily, I found the last one with little trouble. Seedling is worth checking out. Classic Zelda-esque style, loved it. One more thing, I really appreciate the fact that your health regenerates when you transition screens. 🙂
Boss Walkthrough For Seedling
Boss 1: Shieldspire
Stand in front of him but don’t attack. After a couple of seconds, he’ll move his shield to the side, and you can safely hit him. Repeat a few times to kill him.
Boss 2: The Times
The boss grabs a new weapon each time you deal a certain amount of damage to him. Your health regenerates at this point, so you can generally just spam the attack button without needing to
dodge his own attacks.
Boss 3: Totem
This boss is quite frustrating to fight, because of the constant camera shifts and his earthquake ability, which leaves you facing the other direction. Equip the wand and shoot when you get the opportunity. Stay out of the beams of light, and avoid the shots he fires on the left and right immediately after the beam, then hide in the bottom right corner and shoot at him as he gets closer. Repeat a few times to defeat him.
Boss 4: Tentacle Beast
A nice simple boss. Just simply cut off its legs as they appear. Once every leg has been chopped up, the boss is defeated.
Boss 5: The Lights
Activate the pillar, and a bunch of monsters will swarm around you. These are easy to beat—stay by the pillar, and attack outwards as they fly by you. When there’s only a few remaining, they’ll move in a bit nearer you. A couple of steps and some quick attacks should see you safe though.
Boss 6: King of Fire
Stand directly in front of the King of Fire, just a step or two back in the lava.
Equip the sword as the radius is useful here.mKill the two bats he throws, then deflects a fireball back at him. While he’s flickering, run forward and attack him directly. Repeat a few times to win.
Boss 7: The Owl
You can only hit the owl when its moving around. It leaves its hiding place and moves in an anti clockwise direction, after the rocks stop falling. Stay one step ahead so you can attack as it comes out. Attack the owl at the direction of the lava and it only takes a few hits to kill it.
Full Treasure Location in Seedling
1. The house in the village.
2. First dungeon, after the sword.
3. Shieldspire’s dungeon (pre-conch)—fall through the hole in the floor.
4. In the cave with Adnan where you get teleported to outside of the sixth dungeon.
5. In the entry of Totem’s dungeon
6. Further along within Totem’s dungeon, in front of the burnable tree for a switch.
7. On the southern-most ledges of the forest area, near the lava dungeon opening.
8. In a cave above from where you get the Penguin’s Feather.
9. On the return to Shieldspire’s dungeon (with the conch), go across the water to the chest.
10. The Times dungeon, above the area with the drills.
11. On the inside of Tentacle Beast’s dungeon; in a little ice part surrounded by water.
12. Around the outside of Tentacle Beast’s dungeon; right above the part where you are teleported out of the boss area.
13. In the King of Fire’s dungeon (pre-dark suit), in the first big room, near the entrance to the boss area.
14. In the King of Fire’s dungeon (with the dark suit), in the area where you are first pulled across a gap by an enemy.
15. Inside the Lights’ dungeon (with the dark suit), across some lava, and above where you can get the health.
16. In the entry to Ghethis, to the upper-right of the first area in the tower.
Games Cheat Saturday, July 28, 2012 Seedling Game Review & Walkthrough Guide Seedling Play Online: Seedling Developer: Conner Ullman Genre: Adventure, Action Game Review