What are the Strongest Cannabis Strains in 2020-2021?
It could be the anxiety, stress, and depression produced by the COVID-19 pandemic, but cannabis users are still searching for high potency strains. One problem lies in accessibility. Despite the increased number of states legalizing medical and recreational cannabis, some of the strongest cannabis strains are only available in markets without national or international distribution.
However, if you are looking for the strongest cannabis strain late in 2020, you might consider shopping the following.
The strongest cannabis strains in 2020-2021
Any list of potent strains should include classics like Girl Scout Cookies and Bruce Banner, but there are competitors out there. Basically, there is one metric in this list; that is, potency is a function of the high THC count. There are other strains high in CBD, but when people talk “potency,” they are focused on the THC brain adventure. All these strains pack a real punch; some of them push your experience to the edge. They are listed here leading to the highest THC content.
10. Ghost Train Haze: At 18% THC, Ghost Train Haze is widely available and extremely popular among veteran cannabis users. The high THC level is manageable, and most veterans prefer not to push the envelop further. It hits hard and early with a creative focus following a wave of energy.
9. Chemdog (Chemdawg): The Chemdog strain offers a 19% THC euphoric punch in a flavorful mix of citrus and diesel. It reportedly relieves chronic stress with a creative focus that offsets wandering thoughts and voices. It is a great option for use among a social group.
8. Death Star: This strain has been tested at 26% THC, but it levels out at 19.5%. Some 80% Indica, it offers a diesel flavor and skunky aroma that will give you away. People use it for relief of insomnia, stress, and nausea. The medical benefits follow a clarifying energy.
7. Kosher Kush: Ghost OG, Kosher Kush, and Original Glue each hold 20% THC with varied experiences. Kosher Kush is an award winning Indica with a heavy tranquilizing influence. Ghost OG has the potency that goes with Kush genetics and hammers you with a high euphoria leading to a pleasant relaxation. And the Cannabis Cup winner Original Glue will leave you fully sedated and couch locked.
7. White Fire OG (Wi-Fi OG): Testing 21.% to 25%, White Fire OG will lift you high with a giddy euphoria and illusive creativity. A touch of diesel threads through is earthy and floral aroma and taste. White Fire OG will not relax you, so should not use it before bed.
6. The White: Named for its snow-white appearance, The White is not available everywhere. The lemon and pine effects come with a smack in the front of the head triggered by the 25% (on the average) THC content. Despite the early and heavy electric buzz, it settles into a heavily medicated benefit for reducing anxiety, stress, and pain.
5. Royal Gorilla: A CannaConnection award winner, Royal Gorilla delivers 25%+ THC. You will enjoy a short euphoric high leading to a stoner’s dream of a couch-lock sedation. It serves to erase the stress of the day and reduce sleeping disorders.
4. Green Gelato: If you like sweet flavor and aroma, you will like the Green Gelato that comes from Sunset Sherbet and Thin Mint Cookies. Its 25+% THC offers a total body high that resolves as a couch-lock chill for hours. Cookies Gelato has a high THC (average 25%) content, too. Also rich in taste and aroma, Cookies Gelato does present a more balanced experience than the Green Gelato.
3. Triple G (Triple Kush): Triple G cloaks its 26% to 28% THC) with rich flavors of berries and chocolate. It leaves user fully and deeply relaxed after an initial euphoria that lasts only a short time. Effects benefit those seeking therapy for stress, pain, and the nausea related to chemotherapy.
2. Hulkberry: Hulkberry holds High Times Cannabis Cup awards for its overall value. It is a successful hybrid of OG Kush and Strawberry Diesel for a balanced experience favoring its 28+% THC. Hulkberry produces a body high with a calming brain experience. Users recommend it for chronic pain, involuntary muscle spasms, loss of appetite, and migraines and cramps.
1. Godfather OG (Don of All OGs): Few strains can touch the 34% THC in Godfather OG strain. (You will find it at averaging somewhere above 28% at most dispensaries.) A High Times Award winner, the potency melts a powerful cerebral experience into a full body lock to treat anxiety, pain, and stress.
There’s even more –
There are other strains making the news. If you are in the market for high THC experiences, you might also look for Romulan Haze (20%), Where’s My Bike (26%), Island Sweet Skunk (19%), or Gorilla Zkittlez (24%).
Like those listed above, these strains trigger strong psychoactive experiences which can be risky for novice users. They are not strains to use throughout the day nor to use in connection with work. One way or another, they deliver deep body experiences that prohibit using machinery or driving vehicles. Nonetheless, these strains also produce therapeutic relief from pain, depression/stress, and symptoms related to cancer treatments, PTSD, and PMS.
These strains should not be used alone. The experience may be extreme for some, and those users would benefit from friends able to help. They also should not be the first choice for new users. The inexperienced may find these strains enjoyable and medically helpful, but they should start with small doses of the lowest THC level and titrate up as they build tolerance for the highs and lows in the experience.
As we end 2020, we hope to move well beyond the troubles we have experienced this year. There is a sense that 2021 just has to be better. One way or another, these strains can get you through the new year.
Recreational and Medical Marijuana News, Articles and Information: What are the Strongest Cannabis Strains in 2020-2021?
9 weed strains to look forward to in 2021
Every year, we all look ahead and try to guess what might become the biggest weed strains for the next 365 days. It’s just the natural thing to do since we — as fellow consumers — are determined to stay on top of the freshest and hottest trends. For 2021, we scoped out which strains are sure to continue the momentum built in previous years, as well as some strains that are showing blow-up potential.
Here are 9 weed strains to look forward to in 2021.
In 2021, Wedding Cake is sure to remain one of the most popular strains in the world.
Wedding Cake, also known as Pink Cookies, is an indica-dominant hybrid that was bred by Seed Junky Genetics. It’s a phenotype of a cross between Triangle Kush and Animal Mints that produces a sweet, dougy, vanilla-like strain — and it’s absolutely swept the cannabis world by storm over the past couple of years.
It’s showing the same potential as OG Kush and GSC, in terms of becoming the hybrid of its generation. Look out for it, and the many other strains that come from its genetics.
We’ve all heard the whispers of the people hating on Runtz, but no matter how you feel about the strain, the hype around it will continue to surge. And from that, we’ll continue to get Runtz crosses and phenotypes while continuing to puff on this sweet, fruity, gassy plant that gets you dumb high if it’s from the right grower.
Runtz is a cross of Zkittlez and Gelato. It became famous for its frosty purple flowers and pungent sweet, fruity, and gassy terpene profile. Most people feel relaxed and happy after smoking it. Strains with its genetics include: Runtz OG, White Runtz, Raspberry Runtz, Pink Runtz, and the list goes. Even Exotic Genetix has a Rainbow Chip x Runtz called Runtz Buttonz.
If you were tired of Garlic Cookies before now, get over it, because it’s going nowhere in 2021. GMO Cookies is excellent, and we should all be thankful for the weed it has given us.
GMO Cookies is a cross between Chemdog and GSC. It’s always high in THC and will absolutely dominate you with both mental stupor and full-body relaxation. It’s named after its unique funky garlic scent and taste, and has led to many crosses, like Fatso and Donny Burger.
In 2021, you might see people smoking a lot of Dirty Taxi (GMO x Chem D x I-95) and Turpee Slurpee (GMO crossed with Orange Zkittlez) too.
Pink Rozay is one of three strains from the Rick Ross x Cookies Collins Ave collab. It’s seeing a huge increase in search interest, which makes sense considering people want to smoke like The Boss.
Pink Rozay is an indica with London Poundcake #75 and Lemonchello 10 parentage. Its THC content frequently soars past 20%. Pink Rozay has a distinct fruity scent and delivers strong, long-lasting effects that ultimately leave you feeling happy in the mind and relaxed in the body.
Apple Fritter has started to surge in search interest as growers and consumers alike become more interested in apple-flavored weed.
Lumpy’s Flowers made Apple Fritter from crossing Animal Cookies and Sour Apple. It’s said to have a sweet and earthy flavor, as well as a relaxing high that puts people in a chill and happy mood.
Kush Mints has been around for a couple of years at this point, but search interest for it continues to rise.
Seed Junky Genetics, who by now you can see has blessed the game with so many legendary strains, gave us Kush Mints from a cross of Bubba Kush and Animal Mints. It has a somewhat citrus and minty flavor that gives way to a relaxing high.
As stated above, with Wedding Cake’s continued popularity, we’re sure to see even more hybrids with its genetics. Currently, you’re probably most familiar with Ice Cream Cake (Wedding Cake x Gelato) and Jungle Cake (White Fire #43 x Wedding Cake). In 2021, expect to see WiFi Cake push the Cake namesakes even deeper into cannabis culture.
WiFi Cake is a Jungle Boys creation that crosses Wedding Cake with the legendary White Fire OG, better known as WiFi.
Bonkers is absolutely fire and could definitely have a big year, and there’s a couple of versions of it out there.
One of them is from Exotic Genetix, and crosses their famous Cookies and Cream with Lemon Tree. It has a citrus, creamy flavor that produces a smooth and easy high. Another Bonkers is from Canada’s Next Generation Seeds. The BC seed company crosses Grapefruit, Burmese, Purple Indica, and a ruderalis to produce their Bonkers. It tastes like berries and creates a powerful body high that can glue you to the couch.
Apples and Bananas
Rounding out this list, Apples and Bananas is new from the first-ever collaboration of Compound Genetics and Cookies. According to their Instagram post, A&B smells fruity and gassy, but tastes more like its namesake.
To get that fruit-forward terpene profile, Compound crossed a Platinum Cookies x Granddaddy Purple plant with a Blue Power plant, and then crossed that hybrid with Gelatti to finally result in Apples and Bananas.
Grab it whenever you can as it’s sure to be one of those almost-always-sold-out Cookies strains.
Featured image by Gina Coleman/Weedmaps
We scoped out which strains are sure to continue the momentum built in previous years, as well as some strains that are showing blow-up potential.