What to do with Seeded Flower
Its always a scare to find that your flower has seeded, you might have a male or a hermi (hermaphroditic plant) lurking somewhere amongst your ladies, however have no fear. There are still ways to turn your seeded flower into a lucrative sale.
Blast Your Bud – Seeds And All
- There are varying testimonials on whether this is a good idea, due to the concerns of seeds impacting the flavor quality of the final product, however here are a few things to consider
- If you have good flower, as in, if your flower is terpy, trichomed like a snowflake, and robust in its aromatic profile you shouldn’t have to worry too much about its flavor being tainted
- During the purging process, its very likely that the oils from the seeds will be burned off
- Cannabis seed also contains cannabinoids which can modify your cannabinoid count and be potentially very appealing to the end consumer
- *Depending on how your extraction set up is, you may want to try a smaller test run to make sure there isn’t too much waste that accumulates and/or backs up your system
Make a Dry Sift or Bubble Hash
- Running your flower through a dry sifter or water run for extracting trichomes is a great alternative if you have a high seed count within your flower
- Hash and Bubble Hash are essentially solventless (minus the water)
- They isolate the best parts of the plant; leaving you with just seed and dry material
- You can separate the seed and dry material put them towards other industries – sell your seed for protein/cooking and your dry material for fertilizer/building material
What to do with Seeded Flower Its always a scare to find that your flower has seeded, you might have a male or a hermi (hermaphroditic plant) lurking somewhere amongst your ladies, however have
Just found out my bud is seeded 7weeks in. What should I do?
Well the good news is I have a VERY sucessful grow! I thought I ordered female seeds but 8/14 were male. I wasnt looking for males so I was a little late on plucking them (Maybe one week after 12/12 MAX!) So I thought I was fine and was going to get seedless bud then I trim one today and find out there are seeds in them, upon further inspection some of my main colas have seeds too. I guess the best thing to do is ride it out and collect viable seeds (Northern Lights 5) but most of the seeds i plucked were green and not brown. Do I just keep the plant flowering longer until the seeds emerge themselves? Will that make the bud less potent. The bud is still smokable so I am still happy but I would like it as potent as possible.
What to do what to do.
Before I say anything, I must admit that I’m no expert.
However, I know for a fact that when pollination in a male has taken place and the female has been “infected” and has started to produce seed within the bud flowers then it produces a significantly less potent bud and reduces yield too.
On the flip side though, you say it’s smokeable and enjoyable so it’s all good. You know for next time though man! :passingjoint:
Well the good news is I have a VERY sucessful grow! I thought I ordered female seeds but 8/14 were male. I wasnt looking for males so I was a little late on…